Fully Funded University of Toronto Canada Scholarships for International Students
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is for international students who do well in school, are creative, and are seen as leaders in their schools.
A particular emphasis is placed on the student’s impact on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
This is U of T’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Eligibility – University of Toronto Canada Scholarships for International Students
- An international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit)
- An original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- A high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- Enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Currently in their final year of secondary school
- Intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
- Award Type: Scholarship – On Admission
- Action: Nomination Required
- Availability: International Students
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Value/Amount: The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto.
How to Apply
To apply, you’ll need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program which can be accessed within the main Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship webpage.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies next year and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
- Selection Procedure: On the basis of application/eligibility criteria, approximately 37 Lester B. Pearson Scholars at the University of Toronto will be chosen annually.These scholarships are tenable only at the University of Toronto.